- Use Fels Napth soap, found in the grocery store in laundry aisle, simply wet the stain and the bar of soap and rub into stain. I like to place a bar of soap in a mesh bag for easier application. If you can't find Fels Naptha, Ivory Soap is a great alternative.
- Use Oxy Clean mix. 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide. I like to soak it overnight in this solution.
- For oil stains, I use amonia. This is also found in the grocery store laundry aisle. I just add 1 cup to the wash.
- Grass stains I use warm water and vinegar. Simply scrub it into the stained area and launder as usual.
- For blood stains use table salt. Dampen stain with water and sprinkle on table salt. Rub it in and then wash garment. If stain is persistent add a drizzle amonia to solution.
- Fruit stains, swab with cold water and rub in some vinegar. Wash as normal.
- To whiten yellowed whites. Just add 1 cup of vinegar to wash.
- Coke. I haven't tried this but a friend told me that it gets out everything. We normally don't have this around so I haven't had a chance to try it.
Works for Me Wednesday
I've discovered that many women, including myself, have trouble with laundry. Here are my rememdies for homemade stain removers. These all work for me!
Labels: works for me wednesday