Kroger Shopping Trip



Yesterday I had to go to the grocery store. Wednesdays are my normal grocery shopping trips, but somehow Wednesday got away from me. Let me tell you I was super excited about what I found yesterday. There were many bananas value priced, very ripe, so I took 6 bundles. I will make my yummy banana bread and muffins and freeze for later use. I can make two loaves of banana bread with 3 bananas. Meaning I will get 12 loaves out of the 6 bundles I bought. I'm going to head back there today and see if they put any more out so I can stock up for the future. If I find that I don't have time to make lots of breads and muffins I will just peel the bananas and freeze them for when I do. I also snagged some bagged apples at 1.99 for 3lb bag. Not the best deal but certainly better than the normal 3.99 or 4.99 3lb bag. We go through lots of apples here. Three of my four children love to eat apples. 1 bag will only last us a couple of days. I also like to make apple crisp and other yummy treats.