I believe that an organized fridge will help me spend less time with the door open. This is my strategy for a helpful, tidy fridge.
- Use soap and water to wipe down all surfaces of fridge. Don't forget to take out the drawers and clean underneath them.
- Discard anything expired or unknown.
- Vacuum or sweep underneath the fridge. If you can reach the coils vacuum them as well.
- Create zones for everything. Drinks, snack, leftovers, veggies, fruit, etc..
- Don't put easily perishable items on the door (eggs and milk).
- Put cooked meat on the very bottom shelf to avoid contaminating other items.
- Invest in stackable containers to use only in the fridge.
- Start cleaning out the fridge once a week. I think I will do it the night the trash needs to go out. I think this will help me to remember. :)